The Mavourneen Mini - Black
Translated from Irish, Mavourneen means my beloved. And oh, will this mini backpack become your very own beloved. The Mavourneen mini is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a go-to for your gym necessities, a trip to the store or a night out with your girls. The luxurious neoprene material paired with the sweet floral lining and quality golden accents is everything you’ve been dreaming of.
Features + Fit
Please Select Your Size
Saw the raving reviews, loved the mauve color and decided to get it! It's cute and functional and worked alright initially but as mentioned by other reviewers, there are some design kinks (e.g. the side pocket for the bottle is really too small to fit a normal sized bottle comfortably).
However, the quality leaves much to be desired. After barely a year of VERY LIGHT USE of the bag, I noticed that the material had started to become weird and puffy. I brought this up with the customer team who (to their credit) did respond quickly and offered a partial 25% refund but that's still not a cheap price to pay for a bag that looks like it's shedding/spolit one year after use, and which I probably won't be using much of (it's usable but looks very worn). It's disappointing since the brand always prides itself on quality.
I'm wondering if mine is just a defective piece as well, since no one else has brought up similar issues. I actually ordered 2x - one for my sis and one for me but hers seems fine.
WOW WOW!!!!! The quality of materials this is made of!!!!! I’m Soo blown away!! There are TONS of pockets inside. I feel like a million bucks!! My favorite feature is the thick squishy handles!!!!
I returned the first bag I received because the bow had a defect, but Popflex quickly sent me a replacement and now this one is perfect! It’s spacious and organized enough to hold all my needs, and it’s more luxurious-looking than I expected with its cushioned design and golden details. The print inside is so pretty as well. A lot of thought was put into this bag and I can see it. Aside from looks, it’s comfortable to wear and has become my new daily bag. So glad I decided to get it!
This bag is sooo cute you guys !!
Even though it's the smallest one it really fits a lot of stuff. I use it everyday, to the mall, to get groceries and to the gym.
I really really love it, the material feels expensive and it's good for rainy season. The design is cute and I got so many compliments about it.
And the key holderrrr... game changing !!
I happened to see a small restock of the mauve color of the Mavourneen Mini a few weeks ago, so I decided to buy it before it sold out. (And it did sell out a few hours after I purchased one!)
Overall, I’m happy with my purchase! My Mavourneen Mini actually came with a dust bag—which I wasn’t expecting at all because I saw someone ask in the “Questions” section about whether or not it came with a dust bag, and the POPFLEX Team had said it doesn’t. So it was a really nice surprise to see that mine did come with a dust bag! :)
The backpack itself is lovely! <3 Here are some good points about it:
- The bow is cute! I love how it’s styled.
- I was satisfied to see that the gold hardware zippers were wrapped in plastic to protect them from possibly getting scratched during shipping.
- The straps are nicely padded and seem to be well sewn.
- The starry black lining inside is cute and simple.
- I love all the pockets inside! Definitely great for pens, notepads, keys, scrunchies, and other small items. And the rest of the backpack has more than enough space for my wallet, glasses, hand sanitizer, mobile phone, and portable charger (which are the main things that I carry when I go out).
- The tablet pocket fits my iPad Air in its Logitech keyboard case (which measures 10” x 7.25”). This is perfect for when I want to use a smaller backpack for carrying my tablet. :)
That being said, there are a couple of reasons for why I took off one star from my review:
- Some of the threads on the top haul strap are sticking out. My Bia Backpack doesn’t have this kind of loose threading on its top haul strap, so this must be some imperfection in the sewing of my Mavourneen Mini. Not a dealbreaker at all, and it's small enough to not be that noticeable—but for a backpack that is this expensive and is touted as being luxurious, I feel like it shouldn’t have loose threading like this.
- The mauve color is noticeably darker/duller than the preview pictures on the website. (I took pictures of my mauve Mavourneen Mini in natural light—as in the curtains were wide open with no artificial lights on. The first three sets of pictures were taken in the afternoon, and the fourth set of pictures was taken in the morning. If you compare the preview pictures to the morning pictures and afternoon pictures, the color looks different.) I still like the color, but I wish the preview pictures were more true to the actual color.