Sculpt: A Protein Cookbook by Cassey Ho
Meeting your protein intake doesn’t have to mean bland chicken breast, or tasteless protein shakes. You’ve heard of mixing protein powder with your water or your go-to dairy-free milk alternative but have you ever considered incorporating the supplement into your go-to meal or favorite treat?
In Sculpt, Cassey opens the door to endless culinary opportunities (well, 64 to be exact) with delicious protein-based recipes created to nourish your body (and satisfy your every taste bud). This cookbook is a love child with her passion for food and cooking, packed with easy-to-follow flavorful dishes.
Whether you’re new to the protein powder game or looking to break the mundane basic shakes and smoothies, Sculpt is the mouth-watering solution for you. The best part? Each recipe was designed for easy swaps, no matter the dietary preference. Feed the joy in fitness.
Recipes best paired with Blogilates Sculpt + Debloat Protein Powder with Probiotics and Blogilates Beauty Collagen with Keratin.
Features + Fit
Please Select Your Size
Bought this and the powders as soon as I found out about them. My main interest was breakfast and smoothie recipes and this did not disappoint. I loved the waffles, but my machine has seen better days so I mostly ended up with partially whole waffles. Still delicious. The pizza was *chefs kiss* although my oven did need a longer bake time, DONT SKIP THE GREASE SPRAY. The zucchini muffins and oat bars lasted me days, they were super convenient for my hectic life lol I think my absolute favorite recipe was the chunky monkey smoothie, I've done it 4 times now. I'll be trying the snack options and desserts next, hopefully when I've stopped obsessing over the breakfast recipes lol!
- Beautiful book. It visually gets me pumped to cook!
- Get it if you already have Cassey’s powders.
- Get it if want to support a women-owned brand in fitness! Woohoo Cassey!
- Some Ingredients may be expensive / hard to find.
- Mostly sweets. No savory or main course meals (except pizza).
- Mostly high carb, low protein recipes.
TO PREFACE: I’ve heard good things about Cassey on YT a while back. As I write this review, I’ve had a nutrition coach for about a year, and now super into macros. Felt overwhelmed by the wide variety of protein powders, didn’t know where to start, but saw Cassey and her line of powders and matching cookbook, and knew I wanted to start here. :) I’m a terrible cook but I’m making it my goal to try out every single recipe in this book! I did 6 so far! (non-shake recipes).
HIGH CARB, LOW PROTEIN
- My coach asks clients to document daily macros. Usually my targets are set around 100c, 50f, 110p. Every other day is are 1/2 carb day, so 55 carb intake max.
- With that in mind, there are too many high carb recipes in this book that wouldn’t fit with my coach’s macro targets - ie Shake might be 55 carb, so that 1 shake would be 1 meal on full carb day, or would not fit at all on 1/2 carb day.
- Most of the recipes use the protein powder, but ended up having a low protein on the finished recipe.
- The protein pancake was the 1 recipe that stood out to me in terms of protein/macros.
*disclaimer; my goal is do every single recipe so this is just what I’ve experienced
- there’s 3+ different flours
- Oat flour / granular Monk fruit sweetener / Monk Fruit syrup / coconut butter - were hard to find for me, but finally got ‘em at Whole Foods
- blender & food processor are expensive but must haves
- Bought all 3 of Cassey’s powders - sweet cream, collagen, chocolate (chocolate is not in-store. Go to Target.com, online only).
- You’ll be using sweet cream & collagen the most. Get those first, then determine if you want to do any choc recipes if enough recipes you’re interested in calls for it.
- I’d recommend buying the book only if you already have Cassey’s powders and have an intention on using it outside of the traditional ‘powder into protein shake.’
- Best to stick with Cassey’s powders, using other powders may affect the finished product and taste.
THANK YOU <3
Thank you Cassey for making this superfun book. :) No cap, with your line of powders and this book, I was really inspired to try cooking again (even with my terrible cooking skills) and look forward to doing every single recipe in this book. I will definitely look out for your future cookbooks, especially for savory main course recipes with more high protein/low carb options.
If your into filling, quick, healthy meal choices this cookbook is a must have. My teens Friday night combo: chocolate chip blondies and cauliflower collagen pizza crust pizza YUM YUM
First off, it’s the prettiest cookbook I’ve ever owned. I love the look and the layout. I’ve tried a few of the recipes and I’ve enjoyed everything so far. Especially the sculpt pancakes. The peaches & cream smoothie was good but the peaches are easily overpowered by the protein powder. I think I’ll adjust the portions a little next time. I think my main critique would be not enough savory items. It’s definitely more how to enjoy sweet items and stay healthy, which is great. If she does another cookbook, I would love to see more complete meals and dishes.
The recipes in this book are focused more on: Drinks (smoothies, lattes, cocoa, milk tea), Breakfasts, Muffins/breads/pizza crusts, Snacks, and Desserts. The book is hardcover and sturdy, and the pictures are really nice! Every recipe incorporates Blogilates' protein powder and/or collagen peptides that you can find at Target. Unfortunately my local Target doesn't have the Chocolate shake flavor protein powder, so I make do with the Sweet cream flavor that's available. So far I've tried the mint chip shake post-workout and it's delicious! Since I didn't have the chocolate flavor protein I mixed the sweet cream with a few teaspoons of dark chocolate cocoa powder and it was perfect. Since there is xanthan gum in the protein powder it will thicken your smoothie up a bit, but the consistency wasn't too bad in my opinion. I also like that there are substitutes mentioned in the book, as there are a few ingredients that are a little harder to find in my area.
I took one star off just because I found some spelling errors in the book--Pictured below, I think the text was supposed to say: Butter-Flavored, not butter-lavored... There was also "Deboat" instead of "Debloat" I randomly saw while looking through recipes.
Excited to try the rest of the recipes! :)