Hey guys!!! We don't frequently talk about super serious topics, but when it comes to the health & safety of our POPsters, we have to make it a priority!!!
Whether you're currently being told to stay indoors, choosing to stay indoors, or resuming life as usual, there's still SO MUCH information about how to prevent COVID-19 infection. Like, HUNDREDS of articles on the subject! Just remember: don't panic, and PLEASE check your sources before following any advice. Only take medical advice from a source that comes from medical/health professionals (or better yet - your doctor).
If you're getting stressed out by all the information out there, the Centers for Disease Control has issued some government & public health expert tips to protect yourself & others:
1. Wash your hands with soap & water for at least 20 seconds, IMMEDIATELY after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or if you've been in a public place. If you don't have access to soap & water, carry a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol with you.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth with unwashed hands.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If COVID-19 is spreading in your community, consider putting distance between yourself and others, especially if you are at a higher risk of getting sick (older adults and people with serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, lung disease & diabetes).
4. If you're sick, call your doctor and stay home. Only leave your house if you're going to get medical care.
5. Wear a face mask ONLY if you are sick and are in close proximity to people, or if you are in close proximity to someone who is sick. There is no need to wear a face mask if you're not sick.
6. Clean (with detergent or soap and water) and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. To disinfect, you can use diluted household bleach (5 tablespoons bleach to 1 gallon of water), any alcohol solution that's at least 70%, or other EPA-registered household disinfectants.
Idk about you guys, but once we see these tips all laid out, it doesn't seem as scary!! Just keep your eyes and ears open for updates from the CDC and make your health your #1 priority.
👉 P.S. We know a lot of you are all about that gym life, so if you're currently avoiding the gym, don't forget that Blogilates has over 500 FREE home workout videos from quick apartment-friendly cardio to 20 minute booty burns and more!! Plus, there are a bunch of free home workout calendars for ALL levels! 💪