Have you ever been in the middle of a workout and realized you just. couldn’t. go ANY further? Your arms are falling off, your legs are made of lead, you’re gasping and sweaty and it seems like you have a THOUSAND tricep dips to go??? 😳
We’ve definitely been there. And man, it is not fun. But it’s there—in that moment when we’re about to give up—that’s when we get to be marvelous, guys.
Next time you’re in a rough place (on the mat, at work, anywhere!) and you need a spark of motivation reminding you not to keep going, think of one of these quotes:
1. “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
For when you just need to remember the magic YOU have inside YOU!
2. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” — Aristotle
Some realness from the Greeks: we decide who we are, every. single. day 💪
Remembering where the battle is = ALWAYS the first step!!
4. “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” — Anne Frank
How amazing is this—we can’t even DREAM of how much we’re capable of!!!
5. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.” — Florence Nightingale
KEEP 👏 YOUR 👏 STANDARDS 👏 HIGH!!!
6. “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.” — Meryl Streep
Being an individual is a good thing—no matter what other people say!!
We can love ourselves and expect GREATNESS at the same time 💛
8. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” ― Charlotte Brontë
Whenever we feel like we can’t find our way out of a mess, we like to think that we’re made of stronger stuff!!
9. “Success, they taught me, is built on the foundation of courage, hard-work and individual responsibility. Despite what some would have us believe, success is not built on resentment and fears.” – Susana Martinez
🤯 MIND. BLOWN: our success is based on what we do—not on other people, no matter what!!!
Remember: success is less about the destination and more about the JOURNEY!!
11. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
Pro tip: even if we feel like we’re not in control, we’re still in control of one thing.
12. “She is water. Soft enough to offer life, tough enough to drown it away.” – Rupi Kaur
Sometimes, you just have to think: I am adaptable. I am a force of nature. 🌊
13. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” — Bill Bradley
Definitely a good reality check: ambition and persistence are NOT the same thing!!
We have to push ourselves to get to greatness, every day!!!
15. “If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
NOTHING is more important than momentum. Just keep going!!!
16. “There are times to stay put and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.” — Lemony Snicket
Knowing when it’s time to rest and when it’s time to ACT = self care, right??? 😍
17. “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” — James A. Michener
THIS. If at first you don’t succeed, you’re normal. It’s what you do next that counts!!!
18. “Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.” — Robert Strauss
Sometimes, you’ve got to just keep going when the situation calls for it.
Trying new things and pushing ourselves can be SO scary, but WORTH IT in the end!!!
20. “Things get hard and we immediately back away and assume that means we’re going in the wrong direction, doing the wrong thing. If anything, when the waters get thick, that’s our sign to keep going.” — Rachel Van Dyken
PERSPECTIVE, guys, is the true way to keep ourselves going when times get tough! 🙌
SUCH beautiful words!!!! We’re already feeling inspired 💫
When you’re working hard and feeling down and looking for a reason to keep your head held high, you know that the community here at POPFLEX is always cheering for you!!!
How do you guys keep yourselves going when you’re running out of motivation
Katheryn A Thompson said:
I just heard a good one: “No ship every sank because of the water that surrounds it, but rather for the water that gets into it. Moral of the story: don’t lett the troubles around you get inside and sink you.”
Love these quotes! Now I’ve got more food for thought when the going gets tough 😊 Whenever I get tired or something seems hard, I take a deep breathe and do everything with more purpose. I make myself focus hard at the end of my shifts at the bakery because if I just let myself tire out at the end of every shift, I’ll always feel tired at the end of every shift! I realized that, and I apply it to my workouts now, too 🙂 Those last few reps make a huge difference!